When the Buses Run:
- Morning buses are scheduled to arrive at the College in good time for pupils to attend registration.
- Afternoon buses depart at 3:08 pm sharp.
- Late buses to West Chiltington (Crawley Luxury), Storrington and Amberley (Ocean Coaches) depart at 4:00 pm sharp, i.e. ten minutes after an "early warning" bell which is sounded at 3.50 pm. Late buses to Thakeham, Ashington and Washington (Ocean Coaches) depart promptly at 4.20 pm.
- Note that late buses run only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. The final dropping off point for the late bus to West Chiltington is at The Common.
- **If you are catching the 3pm bus to Storrington the charge is 90p unless you have a 3 in 1 card.
Code of Conduct for 'School' Transport
In the Morning:
- Please arrive 5 minutes earlier than stated and wait sensibly at the side of the road.
- Wait a reasonable time before going home if the bus is late (up to 30 minutes on a fine day).
- Do not jostle and push to get on the bus; wait until it has stopped before moving towards it.
- Behaviour at your stop is important. At all times you are providing an image of Rydon Community College.
- On arrival at the College you must go straight into the playground.
On the Bus:
- Wear seat belts - it is your responsibility.
- Do not distract the driver.
- Remain seated throughout the journey. Do not stand up until the bus has stopped.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Take your rubbish home.
- Respect each other, the coach, and especially the driver.
In the Afternoon:
- Go straight to the buses - they leave promptly at the times shown. If you miss the bus, firstly see the member of staff on duty and then go straight to PSD and ask to use the telephone to make arrangements to get home.
- You MUST have a valid bus pass for your coach available at all times.
- If you lose your pass, you must get a replacement from the County Transport Team.
Tel: 01243 753530
Fax: 01243 777946
- You cannot swap coaches for any reason.
- If any problems arise, contact the Pupil Support Manager. This is particularly important in cases of bullying.
- If you wish to take a friend home, you must speak to the driver beforehand.
- The bus service is operated by West Sussex County Council and although we will try to help you with any problem in the College, it is often better to contact County direct.
Car Journeys to the College:
The safety of all our pupils is a prime concern. For pupils who travel to the College by car, we issue the following guidelines to their drivers:
- We ask all drivers to be very careful about their movements and speed on the College site and to be particularly aware of pedestrian pupils.
- In the morning, drivers are asked to enter the college site from the mini-roundabout and turn anti-clockwise into the College drive.
- All pupils have been told to only cross at the patrol crossing point on Storrington Road near Water Lane.
- Staff are on duty at the end of each College day to monitor the safety of all on the site.
- In the afternoon, cars are not permitted in the bus/coach lay-by. Drivers must park in the East playground. Please take great care and be aware of pedestrian pupils and pupils accessing their cycles at the entrance to the East Playground. All pupils are free to depart from the College by these routes and this will help disperse the number of cars in any one area.
- We all wish to protect the safety of our pupils, therefore please observe the speed limits in the village.
We hope these guidelines are helpful. Thank you for your support and co-operation.